For a short while, I have felt a pull away from "hobby" blogging, and have been putting some time in to discerning whether the call was to go "official", or to move on. Both options hold great appeal, for very different reasons; in the end, I must acknowledge the call toward a new focus, and let Devouring His Word become an old friend, rather than remain an ongoing companion.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I've spent with this blog, and have greatly appreciated all the positive feedback from friends, family, and new blogger friends. I am especially thrilled for the few times DHW was privileged to be a part of a major life change for a family. How amazing that God can use a blog, of all things, to draw someone back to him!
As my time with DHW draws to an end, here's what I'm looking forward to in my new spare time:
- cleaning my cabinets (haha!)
- getting more proficient with seasonal produce, to make the most of our CSA share
- devoting more time to Maganda's French language acquisition
- working with a children's Sidewalk Sunday School ministry
- and of course, continuing to review Christian media, which I'll be doing at Retain What is Good, a blog devoted entirely to reviews
Thank you for having joined me on the journey of seeking spiritual growth between nap times, diaper changes, and soccer practices. I hope you will always devour God's Word as the joy and happiness of your heart!